How to Configure your ScalIT Private Communications Network with Apple iChat
To configure your ScalIT Private Communications Network with Apple iChat, click on the “iChat” icon in the Apple Dock
In Apple iChat, from the menus at the top of the screen, select “File,” then “Preferences…”
On the dialogue box that opens, click on the “Accounts” tab/picture. Next, click on the “+” button in the lower left corner of this dialogue box.
On the screen labeled “Account Setup,” do the following:
- From the “Account Type” drop down box, select “Jabber”
- In the “Account Name” field, type your full ScalIT email address
- In the “Password” field, enter your password
- Click on the triangle next to “Server Options,” and enter the following information
- Server: yourdomain.scalit.net Be sure to truncate the .com or .net from your company’s domain. For example 4griffin.net becomes 4griffin.scalit.net
- Port: leave blank (Auto)
- Check the “Use SSL” checkbox
- Press the “Done” button
Congratulations! You have just configured Apple iChat for your new ScalIT Private Communications Network Account.